Thursday, May 31, 2007

Our Baby!


Brian and I picked up our baby today. Actually, Brian's sister, Christy, and I took some of my siblings and picked her up. After several hours of contemplation, I decided to name her Olivia. She is a wedding present from my great aunt Kay because her cat had two kittens and I wanted a baby. She is 6 weeks old and very cuddly. She even made her first trip to the vet today and had blood drawn and a shot. What a good baby!

On another note, we finally get possession of our apartment tomorrow. Christy and I are going to go do a deep cleaning tomorrow and then start moving stuff in. Finally, the CR-V will be drivable and I'll have a place to keep all of my stuff. Olivia will also move in there as soon as we get her kitty bed and litterbox in place. It will be nice to have some room to move around and not put my brother on the livingroom floor so I can sleep in his bed.

Christy and I also did tons of wedding errands today. It's relieved a lot of stress to know that things are in place and paid for. We've scheduled pictures, figured out prelude music (thanks to Christy's boyfriend, Steve!), paid for the cake (and cut the cost), paid for flowers, ordered a mat for guests to sign, bought centerpiece supplies, brought rings in for sizing, and figured out how to make my dress fit. Thank you silicon. I also went out for lunch with the future fam, specifically, Christy and my future mother-in-law, Sharon.

Brian's been working nonstop all week and I've finally heard from my last summer's boss and will be working next Monday-Wednesday. It will be nice when the wedding stuff is all done, but I'll miss my new baby during the honeymoon!

That's all for now. More to come as new occurances happen!

No comments: