Sunday, July 1, 2007

Wedding? Check! Honeymoon? Check!

Well, it's obviously been a while since I posted anything and now that I have a day free from work and other related activities, I decided I could take a moment to write. Our wedding was perfect. The only minor traumas were my sister, Catie, somehow putting her lips on the curling iron, and my new sister-in-law, Christy, burning her fingers trying to re-curl Abigail's hair. The ceremony was beautiful, the reception was fun, and there was a beautiful sunset as a backdrop for our area on the deck of the Hotel Chequamegon.
The honeymoon was also a good time. We meandered our way down to Lake Geneva, WI and spent a week relaxing and playing tourists. The day we got there I decided I wanted to figure out where the old Playboy club was and began reading about it in a magazine for the area. As I read aloud to Brian, I began to notice some familiar details about the playboy club. I lowered the magazine, looked around me, and realization dawned - we were staying AT Hugh Hefner's old resort and club! That was interesting and I'm sure a detail we'll enjoy telling for years to come.
While in the area, we went on a cruise to see the Geneva Lake mansions, went golfing, ate out, discovered Cold Stone Creamery, Visited the Milwaukee Co. Zoo, and toured the Yerkes Observatory. It was a good ol' time, and then it was back to Ashland for Brian to get back to work and me to discover that I actually have a job for the summer. My boss from last summer gave me a call to tell me that two people she offered the job to turned it down, and they would like me back for as long as I could stay. So I'm back driving to Bayfield five days a week to make a little bit of money.
We've had a few little car disasters so far this summer, too. While on the honeymoon, we found out the driver's side stabilizer link was broken and Brian and his dad spent three hours fixing it when we got back to Ashland. Then, on the 21st, I was driving to work in Bayfield and ended up in a minor car accident when a City of Washburn truck decided to U-turn directly into the CR-V and cause over $2200 worth of damage. We're still waiting for them to give us the okay to get it fixed (they will be paying). Now we've learned that the other stabilizer link is bad and we need to get that fixed too. In the meantime, we also bought the car from Brian's dad (for free!) and got some insurance for it.
Olivia's growing a lot and is getting a little better as not bothering us during the night. However, she seems to think 5am is a good waking up time and starts to pounce, swipe, and purr next to our faces. Then Brian kicks her out and she spends another 1/2 hour to an hour mewing at the door.
Today we're hopefully going to finally get these thank you cards done once and for all, so I guess I'd better get to it. More to come...

1 comment:

Sam said...

Yikes! Glad you're ok from that accident! That's scary!!

Oliva sounds precious - I can understand the early wake up calls! Sophie learned how to open the bedroom door too so that's been interesting...

I love that story about your honeymoon. So cute!