Saturday, September 1, 2007

Employment!

Well, it took a while, but I'm finally employed! (This also continues my ongoing streak of being interviewed directly leading to a job.) I am working not as a teacher, but as a secretary. I am the secretary to the executive director of the Wabash Valley Education Center. So, I'm kind of sort of almost employed by the school corporation (which means district) here. Also, my boss said that he would do all he could to introduce me to superintendents, principals, and other teachers in hopes of getting me a teaching job. He said he considers it his responsibility. Cool for me. :) Brian and I have been getting used to this whole working, coming home, having dinner, and chilling routine this week. We had a double dinner date with a couple of Brian's fellow civil grad students last night, which turned into visiting and a movie also. Then we went over and had dinner and played board games with them tonight! We have friends! Couple friends! It's so exciting, you can't even begin to understand. :) And they're from CA, which is just neato.
In other local Hammond news, Olivia had her surgery on Wednesday and is doing wonderfully! She doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. She does try to lick her stitches every now and then, so the vet put an elizabethan collar on her, which she promptly figured out how to take off. We gave up and just yell at her if she tries to lick. She looks so sad with her belly shaved and her big purple stitches, but she's healthy and doing well, so we're all very happy. We decided against the declawing because after much reading on my part, it just seems too inhumane. She doesn't scratch any of the furniture, so we don't see a need to chop off her fingers. She only has one more dose of pain meds, which she has also been very good about taking without too much of a fight. Earlier this week, we were considering the idea of finding her another kitten friend, but I think we've decided against it for now. If she ends up seeming too lonely with both of us gone all day, we may revisit the idea, but for now, all is well in the Hammond household. Goodnight to all from the land of the Hoosiers. (I hate the name, especially since the etymology is unknown...)

No comments: