
Hello,
I want to make a quick post to show the results of my bike work over the last two weeks. I started this project because I wanted to have a commuter bike to ride around town in this weather because the grime on the roads gets all over my road bike and messes it up. I started with the old Bob Jackson road bike that I inherited from my grandfather years ago. It was a '70's vintage hand built steel frame, shown two years ago in the picture to the right. All of the components were more or less shot from use in the Houghton winters, so I rebuilt it as a fixed gear single speed (which means
than when the wheels go around, so do the pedals) I know what some are thinking "Isn't that kinda like a kid's wal-mart bike?" No. The kid's bike you had in mind has a coaster brake, which engages when you pedal backwards, and can coast, this cannot. I know its sounds silly, but I think its cool, and I should be able to stand still at traffic lights. The bike has now been repainted, and thanks to Beth looks pretty sharp. I did the primer, and silver base paint, Beth did the
details, and then we took a Purude window sticker and chopped it up for decals, which Beth also applied. When evreything was on, I clear coated over the top, and then put it back together. Here are the finished pictures. The bottom got chopped off, but what I was going for was a clean look, which is why the only attachment is the front brake. Anyways, enough about a bike. It is another disgusting day here in W. Laf. and I have to get to the lab to get some work done. I hope everyone is well out there.
-Brian
-Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment