Sunday, April 6, 2008

Don't mind me, the bad blogger...

I hang my head in shame for my utter lack of blogging skills recently. It's just been pretty boring around here. Although the weather has finally made a decent attempt at being spring now. This week is 60s!! Woot! If I have to compliment Indiana on anything, I guess the spring time isn't bad. Oh! And there are cardinals all over the place! Such pretty birds...
So, what has happened since Easter......hmmm..... Brian has been riding his bicycle again and yesterday, got his "butt kicked," in his own words. He likes working out with the triathalon club and they are some crazy peeps. At least he's becoming a good swimmer though! His project is still moving along nicely now. Last week, he built some "forms" out of "wood" that he will pour "concrete" in. (Quotation marks signify that I have no idea what I'm talking about.)
Oh! And last weekend, we made our way down to Indy to see the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra with members of the opera company joining them. We were really impressed by the performance. Even I was impressed by the opera singers. It was a good time. We went with our buds Ron and Katie, and we were joined by another couple of Ron's friends too. Afterward, we went downtown and had some yummy chocolate fondue with fruit and poundcake at a chocolate shop that is open into the wee hours of the night. Brian made a vote to stay in Indy at Katie's that night, but I have this love affair with my bed, so I drove us home at 1 am.
I still have not heard anything from teaching jobs, but who knows, it may be best that way. A stable job in this economy is something to hold onto.
We're excited that Indiana's primary is inching its way closer. We really didn't think our votes would get to matter at all, so it's kind of neat that the race has gone on this long. We're starting to get the commercials and the campaign offices popping up here and there, and we hear the updates when we listen to NPR every morning with our breakfast!
Well, I guess that's all for now. Sorry for no pictures this time....we'll try to break the camera out again soon! Miss y'all!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

You bad blogger you... ha ha... thanks for the update - its always great to hear what you're up to. Can't wait to see you in May!!