Who would have thought that earthquakes can hit the midwest! This morning (5:35 am to be exact), we felt an earthquake! Olivia had just woken me up, messing around the the magazines on my end table and then the bed and walls started swaying. I mumbled to Brian, "can earthquakes hit Indiana?" and he mumbled back, "yeah..." It seemed odd to me, because of course I didn't believe Brian, and tried to figure out if it could have been wind or if the roofers were already starting on our roof at 5:30 in the morning, and it wasn't until we turned the radio on (for our daily dose of NPR) that we believed it. A 5.2 centered in Illinois and felt all the way to Michigan, Kentucky, and Iowa! So cool! It's almost like being back in California! Anyway. There wasn't any damage or anything, so it was just a fun experience. I don't know if Brian's ever been in an earthquake, but now he can say he was!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment