Oops about the not blogging again. Seriously! Oh well. Right now, it is a beautiful day that Brian decided he must take advantage of for bike riding. So he is off on a 40 mile loop and said he'd be gone for about 2-2.5 hours. I've been switching it up between sitting on the beanbag on the balcony and soaking up some sun and then moving the beanbag just inside the door so I can see the computer screen. I know, aren't I an athlete?
Brian and I went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse last night. We had called ahead and there was a 45 minute wait and by the time we left the restaurant, it was 10 pm!!! (We didn't leave until 8:30 though.) Yesterday we had a bunch of errands to run including "the keys search." There is obviously a story attached to this ominous title, so I will tell it!
A couple of weeks ago, Bri was out building/working on mountain bike trails with some other mtn bikers. Well, in the process of moving logs, raking leaves, etc., he lost his keys. I had to drive down the spare motorcycle key (that we fortunately had made just a while back), and harassed him about the losing of keys. He said they had five guys walking the trail, looking for the keys and it was no use. So finally, yesterday we went and rented a metal detector for $20 for the weekend (we would have had to replace an apartment key with deposit, a gym locker key with deposit, and possibly a clicker for the CR-V). After about 45 minutes of tromping through the woods, looking and metal detecting, we actually found them! I was amazed. Brian actually saw them before he detected them thanks to the bright green lego keychain (Thanks Christy!). We returned the metal detector that same day and had some DQ burgers for lunch. Yum! Speaking of which, I have noticed that McDonald's ice cream is WAY sweeter than DQ ice cream. No more McD's cones for me! I'll scavenge my way to a dairy queen....that almost makes me miss Ashland!
Next weekend, we are heading over to Ohio for TOSRV - the 200 mile bike ride Brian does with his grandpa. We'll be hanging out in Columbus with the Kirkes on Friday night, then to Portsmouth on Sat (Brian and grandaddy can ride, I'll drive thanks very much!), then they ride some more on Sunday and it's back to the land of wind and corn.
We're starting to get excited for wedding season! They're coming up really soon. And I am super super excited to finally make a trip to MN to see my girls! Unbelievable that we've only been back to Ashland once and have not made it to MN yet! Hopefully, I'll get to see a lot of people and catch up on everyone's lives!
Well, that's all for now. Hopefully this entry is enough to entertain Lisa. :)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny about the keys!! ha ha... I can't believe you've only been to Ashland once so far! You need to come to MN and be with your peeps! Thanks for the blog comment... my sis did look so cute. It made me really jealous - I want to go to Prom again!!!
Post a Comment