Anniversary: We opened our anniversary presents yesterday because Monday's a busy day and we're going to go out to dinner. So this way, we're kind of spreading out the festivities! I think we both succeeded in our gifts to one another. Here's Brian's gift to me. Apparently he stuck with the traditional "paper gift" for the first anniversary but in a very nice, creative way. He fixed up a picture from our wedding and had shutterfly print it on a canvas and mount it. It's lovely and now hanging in our living room. He was even insightful enough to pick out a picture where we are not looking directly at the camera so it's not creepy! :)
My gift to Brian was definitely nothing to do with paper...except a little gift that he gets tomorrow. I swear, he subconsciously knows what I buy him and then starts whining about wanting it right before the gift giving occasion. He did it with the rubik's cube I got him for Christmas, and kind of with this gift - Mario Kart with two steering wheels for our wonderful wii! Here's a picture of Brian and his dad (he stopped by to visit on his way through the state) checking out the awesomeness of wii racing.
Triathlon: In other news, Brian raced in his first ever triathlon yesterday! It was a YMCA sprint race and he finished in about 1 hr, 13 minutes. (2 minutes under his goal!) He said the swim was the scariest part - it was a lake with no visibility and he was in the middle of his pack. He got kicked in the face and grabbed some butts, but luckily, that stage was only about 10 minutes long!
Here is a picture of Brian running from the swim to the bike portion of the race.
And a picture of Brian and his buddy, Ron. They finished at just about the same time (Ron was a tiny bit faster).
I didn't get any pictures of him on the bike because it was pouring rain and I was shivering to death, and he biked a bit faster than I was anticipating and I didn't quite have the camera out of its bag and at the ready.Kitty Haircut: You may recall that we have a fluffball named Olivia. Well, since it started getting icky and hot out, she has decided to share some of her wonderful allergens and extra hair with us. We aren't too keen on that gift, so we thought we'd help her out and remove some of the hair so she didn't have to. Here's a before shot:
Now, she didn't much care for the clippers, so unfortunately we had to go with the second best method of scissors to remove the bulk of the furriness. Here's a lovely after shot....it'll grow back...someday!!! (Notice she's still a bit peeved at us.)
That's all for now! See ya later!
1 comment:
Wow - I love the present Brian got you! How cute! :) Happy Anniversary you old married couple... the card I sent you is late... even though I made it in January!! Oh well, better late than never I suppose! Funny about the kitty haircut too... that was one of Sam's stipulations... no long haired cats ha ha!!
Post a Comment