We drove down to Indy to meet up with Ron, Katie, and one of their friends for lunch at the wonderful cafe de Katie. Yum! Then we drove to a mall, caught a shuttle, and hitched a ride to the fair. Seeing as I have not been to a state fair since I was about 11 and went to the northern CA state fair, I didn't really know what to expect. Well, we caught a glimpse of a tiger show, then meandered on down the road to check out some old tractors and baby cows. That experience made me realize just how grateful I am that I am not a cow (shut up) and do not have to give birth to an 80 lb baby. Yikes!
Whilst we wandered, we also came across a covered bridge (we are in Indiana ya know), so Brian wanted to take a picture. No one really cared to have their picture taken though.
We perused every living animal exhibit imaginable and I found a pretty little sheep that reminded me of my stuffed animal that I used to ride around my house. Nice sheepie!
All these silly people I was with decided to crawl through a colon. I didn't think that sounded super fun, so I just took a picture of them.
Now Brian, colon cancer is a serious thing. Put that tongue back in your mouth!
Then, because we are so infinitely cool, we watched a free Josh Gracin concert! We didn't realize we knew so many of his songs, so it was really fun. He even came out into the audience at one point to sing a song but he had changed clothes so we had no idea who he was! Oops! Very good singer though, and a very enjoyable concert. Definitely worth the $8 admission to the fair.
Brian was endlessly amused by the fact that there was random corn planted all over the place, even after I reminded him that we were in Indiana. So we took a picture of him with some of said corn.
Now you're probably wondering, "but she said 'silly merrow' too. What the heck does that mean? I don't see anything like that in these state fair pictures." Well my friends, here is what I mean by that. You may know (but probably don't) that our little kitty Olivia has quite the affinity for bicycles of all sorts. She likes to sniff every bit of them, sit under them, and just generally be around them (which is good for us because there are a lot of bikes in this apartment). Well, this has never quite caused a problem even though cats are curious to a fault and Olivia is no exception. Brian came home from work the other day and set his bike against a wall. We were getting dinner ready and sitting down to eat when we looked over and saw this: 
Yes, our brilliant cat rubbed herself up against the bike chain and thoroughly greased her coat. Brian was just about to comment on how her fur was growing back in nicely after her haircut too. She has now licked most of her side clean, but obviously the ear and face are a little more difficult. I thought about giving her a bath, but decided that the grease wouldn't kill her and a bath very well might result in someone's pain (hers or mine, I'm not sure), so we just left it.In other merrow news, our hummingbirds are back and Olivia is having a grand ol time watching them come up to the feeder. We always know when there is one there because she starts doing her "funny meow." It's really the silliest cat sound I've ever heard and she never fails to make it while watching her birds. (Only hummingbirds too, no other breed.)
Well, that's all for now. I go to the dentist in two days to get one of these stupid teeth fixed. As a positive note, my stupid tooth pain has forced me to eat healthier! Drinking pretty much only water and snacking on things that aren't full of sugar. Good for my teeth and snowpea, but still depressing. :)
Additional note - added 8/12/08 at 3:10 pm
I forgot to mention two events from the fair! We found pints of milk for $1 at the dairy barn (cheapest fair food ever!!!) so we only paid $2 for milk, $2 for a hot dog for me, and $4 for an elephant ear to share! And then, while I was walking around munching on my elephant ear, I fell down. Stupid curbs. Didn't even see it coming and down I went, right on my hands and knees! Ouch.
No comments:
Post a Comment