On Saturday morning Grandpa and I got up early and headed in to the start. Bethany was even nice enough to get up and drive me in so I didn't have to ride the 7 miles to the start in the dark. Saturday morning was a bit brisk, but it warmed up fast. After the cold the day went GREAT. The food was good, the weather was perfect, and I love the winding roads with full fall colors. The best part was not having to worry about food, or getting lost, or the route, or racing, and just enjoying being on the bike with friends.
After the ride we had dinner with Ron, Katie and Grandpa at the school. It was supposed to be a spaghetti fund raiser, but was school food ziti instead. Not so good, but o well. Later we went to the awards show which was a bit slow. Grandpa got the award for oldest rider, which is very cool. I only hope that at 84 I am doing as well, and still riding. Later, Ron, Katie, Bethany and I went out in downtown Bloomington. We found this cool place called Nicks English Hut, which was a unique college bar where we could hang out for a while.Sunday was much colder. Grandpa, Beth and I had a good breakfast at Denny's before the ride, and then Grandpa and I headed up to the ride. The ride went well in general. I started alone, and chased Ron and Katie down at the 1st rest stop, and Grandpa caught up to us at lunch. Overall, the ride went well espically after it warmed up. I nearly fell down on Mt. Tabor when my cleat popped out but made it up anyways. After the ride we waited for Grandpa to finish. He made really good time from the top of Mt. Tabor to the finish and came in out of breath because I told him I needed to get going. I would have liked to have dinner before heading back to W. Laf. but I needed to go in to the lab still, and was really tired. All told, it was an excellent weekend. It was great to see Grandpa again, and ride bike on the beautiful roads. Here is one more pic. of me Ron and Katie at a rest stop.
1 comment:
Grandpa is way more in shape than I'll ever be... wow.
Post a Comment