Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July weekend

We had a very nice, relaxed 4th of July weekend, but I sure did miss being in Ashland for one of my favorite holidays. I seriously thought about driving up there just so I wouldn't miss the parade, fire run, and fireworks over the lake....but alas! we stayed in Indiana.
On Thursday, my boss and I were the only two in the entire office, so he decided it sounded like a great idea to take half the day off and still get paid for the full day. I agreed that this sounded like a stupendous idea. So Brian picked me up from work at 11:30 (it was raining so he had the car), ran by taco bell to get me some lunchy, then we had lunch and I informed my dear husband that I planned to nap away the rest of the day and inquired what his plans were. :) He huffed and puffed briefly, but hey! I was getting paid to sleep! So I went to bed at 12:30 or so and stayed in bed until about 4, while Brian played "super house husband!" H
e decided to be a darling and while I slept, he scrubbed the bathroom down, took out the trash, did the dishes, went grocery shopping, and I think there was even one more thing but my memory really stinks these days. Needless to say, it was a wonderful surprise to wake up and have all of these tasks done! We then went out to Scotty's to have dinner with one of Brian's friends from the triathlon club and didn't leave there until 10:30!

The 4th of July!!! - I decided I was going to continue my lucky streak of sleeping a lot and slept in instead of accompanying Brian to Wolcott for a duathlon at 6 am (bike, run, bike). Well, wouldn't you know that the one race I miss, Brian won the whole stinking thing!!! There were about 30 people in the race, and Brian, another guy from the tri club, and the club advisor swept the podium! Brian even got a neat little pl
aque and they are sending him a photograph to put in the frame section of it. Oops at me for missing, but he was still very proud of himself. Now I really have to promise to go to his first big triathlon on the 19th!
Once Brian got back and showered, I informed him that I absolutely needed to go down to Pane
ra and Borders for a chocolate croissant and baby names book. He kindly obliged and I happily ate my croissant and a bagel. (Snowpea wanted the bagel.) Then I bought a neat baby name book with a 25% off coupon and have made my way through the girls' names up to N. We also stopped at Gamestop and found out they sell used guitars for the wii for $40! So of course, we bought one and spent some time that afternoon playing cooperative career mode guitar hero!! Brian was bass, I was guitar, and we rocked everyone's socks off.
At 5, we headed over to the house of another triathlon club member for a barbeque. We ate some tasty food and then walked over to a hill at Purdue to listen to a concert (which stunk...I mean, if Ashland can have a city band that performs well, why can't the greater Lafayette area???) and watched the fireworks. Then we promptly went home and to bed.
Saturday - we went hiking! We drove down to Turkey Run State Park with two more people from the tri club (notice a pattern here?) and met up with Ron and Katie at the park. The trails were very interesting. We actually hiked through sandstone canyons and creekbeds and even splashed around in a little waterfall. (Well, I did because I wore my hiking sandals, but everyone else just kind of looked at it.) You can look at some pictures from my facebook album from the weekend here
.
Today, we slept in again and then had a nice big breakfast before heading over to Lafaye
tte to do some shopping at Target. Boy, do I love that store! Brian doesn't care to go because I always wander and find more things than we have on our list, but he does love the archer farms cereal, so I get him to come along!
Now, Brian's off swimming and biking until about 6:3o and I'm here chilling. I prepared o
ur shish kabobs in a marinade for dinner, mopped the floor with my swiffer, packaged up Hayley's wedding present for this weekend and made her a card, and of course, updated the blogs! See, I can pretend to be super house wife, too!
And just in case you don't feel like clicking on the facebook link, here are a couple of pics of us from the weekend.

1 comment:

Andy J said...

I'll have a cowbell ready for you on the 19th!! It's the hammer (the essential blunt object) in the tool belt of cheering.