Friday, July 25, 2008

Food on Friday

Yes, this post is going to be solely about food, but hey, interesting things happened today regarding food.
First off, we got a chicken for $2. Actually, $1.99. Awesomeness. We were trying to decide on something for dinner and since we both ate late lunches (more about that later), we decided to go on a walk and get some cash for garage saling tomorrow and pick up a redbox movie from McDonald's. Well, Brian decided that he wanted some fresh veggies for dinner, so we also stopped at Kroger and picked up some broccoli. I still didn't know what I wanted for dinner, so I was rooting around the packages of pre-cooked chicken and had just decided to spend the $5 for a rotisserie chicken ($1 off on sale!), when the guy working says to us, "do you want a $1.99 chicken?" We didn't really understand what he meant so Brian said, "well, we were thinking of getting a whole chicken" and the guy replies, "yeah, $1.99 chicken." We look at him quizzically, so he goes on, "they're $1.99 now because we throw them away at night." (8pm here when we got there.) So we say, "YEAH!" and pick out a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken. YUMMY! Add some steamed broccoli and instant tatoes and dinner is served!

Next, the story of my lunch and something I may very well feel guilty about for the rest of my life. I was crabby today (not unusual, but worth noting for my story). A co-worker and I decided to go out for Taco Bell for a late lunch after grumbling about the other lady in our office taking a late lunch. We go in, place our orders and wait for our food. Only a minute or two after I order, the girl announces exactly what I ordered: a hard-shell taco supreme and a nachoes bell grande. I assume it must be mine and grab it. My co-workers takes a bit longer but I attribute it to being a more difficult order (a crunchwrap supreme). Then, they call out my number. Ummm.... I look in the bag and it's nachoes bell grande and a taco supreme. Coworker and I look at each other saying huh? She asks another guy waiting for his order if he ordered nachoes and he just kind of stares at us. So I look back and forth between the two bags of food, coworker, the door, wondering what to do. Finally, I decide that I am starving, pregnant, and they either made my order twice (meaning it would just get thrown away) or this guy ordered the same thing as me and is too stupid to answer us (I'm crabby), so I make a final decision, grab the second bag (and my first bag) and walk briskly to the door. That's right, I took two order of Taco Bell and only paid for one. Oh well, I was hungry, crabby, pregnant, and I made a decision. The end.

No comments: